Welcome to Fjellgruppa
We use our facebook page to communicate to our members on a day-to-day basis.
Become a member by clicking the "Bli medlem" menu.
What is Fjellgruppa
ACTIVITIES SPRING 2021
Due to the ongoing corona pandemic our trip program is not fixed and will be posted per event on facebook.
The events is usally posted a week before it is scheduled and payment will usually be done at
our mandatory trip meetings. Day events are open for non-members of Fjellgruppa.
Weekend trips is open only for members of Fjellgruppa.
It is not possible to book a trip in advance.
Payment/tickets for our trips will be paid for at each trips
mandatory trip meetings.
Please! Do not respond to persons who say they sell tickets online.
This is just a case of scam.
We use national standard for grading our trips.
Please read the information about the standard before joing a trips.
Check our facebook for up to date program.
Read more about the skill levels we set on our trips in the pdf link bellow.
Here is both summer and winter packing list.
Fjellgruppa do not rent out any gear that is worn/used by one person (private gear)
- wool, part wool or synthetic underwear
- wool socks/stockings
- wind jacket/anorak or all-weather jacket
- mountain trousers
- shirt or light sweater of wool or fleece
Other useful gear
- GPS (provided by fjellgruppa on our trips)
- candle (provided by fjellgruppa on our trips)
- sitting pad
For tent/hut camping you also need
- sleeping bag
- sleeping pad
- cook set and fuel (provided by fjellgruppa on our trips)
- food (fjellgruppa provide dinner on our trips)
- plate and cutlery
- tent (provided by fjellgruppa on our trips)
- Thermos or water bottle
In pack or pockets
- rain jacket (if your jacket isn't all-weather)
- rain trousers (if your trousers isn't all-weather)
- sweater/jacket, wool or fleece
- wool, part wool or synthetic long underwear
- sleeping bag/sleeping liner
- first aid kit
- indoor footwear
- extra underwear (trousers, shirt, socks)
- extra indoor trousers (optional)
- toilet paper
- suntan cream
- insect repellent
- map and compass v
- map case (provided by fjellgruppa on our trips)
- lunch packet
- thermos or water bottle
- emergency rations
- DNT membership card
In the forests you can get along with less gear and it does not have to have the quality needed for mountain hiking. The same applies to sheltered areas along the coast. Spring, summer and autumn can have winter weather in the mountains, so extra warm clothing is essential.
Pack light and don't take too much!
WINTER PACKING LIST
Right clothing and equipment are essential for successful skiing in the Norwegian mountains.
It does not have to be the latest fashion, but it should protect you against weather and wind. The innermost layer should keep the skin dry and provide insulation. Choose wool garments that fits snugly. The intermediate layer provides insulation and transport moisture away from the body. They may be made of wool or fleece. The outer garments must provide wind and moisture protection.
The following list is a suggestion of what you should bring on an organized ski tour from cabin to cabin. Pack light and don’t take too much!
In winter the prefered mode (only way) of transport is what we in Norway call "fjellski", basicly wide cross-country skiis with steel edges. Some prefer a backpack, some pack their gear in a sled.
- Long underwear (wool)
- Thick sweater (wool/fleece)
- Wool socks
- Windproof mountain hooded jacket or anorak
- Mountain ski trousers or wind proof trousers
- Woollen gloves and windproof mittens
- Skis (minimum 50 mm wide, with steel edges)
- Strong mountain ski poles with substantial baskets
- Sturdy ski boots (leather) size up
- Ski wax, scraper
Protection against weather
- Sun glasses and goggles
- Extra pair of socks
- Extra pair of gloves/mittens
- Extra woollen underwear
- Raingear (if you do not have waterproof mountain clothing)
- Thick sweater, fleece jacket or down jacket
- Skins for skis
- Personal first aid kit
- Light repair kit
- Emergency ration food (chocolate, raisins, nuts, etc.)
- Emergency bivouac for mountaineers (provided by fjellgruppa on our trips)
- Shovel (can be rented from fjellgruppa)
- Thermos and lunch packet
- Headlight/flashlight with extra batteries
- Matches/lighter (provided by fjellgruppa on our trips)
- Sleeping mat
- Sleeping bag
- (Probe) (can be rented from fjellgruppa)
In the cabins
- Light indoor shoes/clothes
- Toilet articles, small towel
- DNT-membership card
PS! Wool or polypropylene is used for summer & winter. Cotton clothes is absolutly prohibited. Cotton does not have any thermal properties when wet. It can lead to hypothermia and frostbite easily. You could get by with cotton during the summer, but it is not a good type of material.
Ski boots should alway be 1 to 1,5 size bigger during winter. More room for thick socks and for the toes to move around. To tight boots leads easily to frostbite. Rule is loose fitting clothes traps air and warm air isolates.
Some gear can be rented for free from Tromsø Kommune TURBO
or from Tromsø Outdoor
Rental system for TSI Fjellgruppa 2019
Here is a the equipment we have for rent in Fjellgruppa.
Please be aware that gear marked in yellow is not for rent for members,
only for TSI sub-group activities.
TSI Fjellgruppa takes no responsibility for what happens during the use of the equipment.
It is the renters responsibility to return the equipment in a clean and dry state.
The prices below apply to people with valid membership in TSI. Prices are for one week. If the equipment is borrowed more than 7 days, it must be paid for a new week.
- · Tent : 150,-
- · Sled : 200,-
- · Avalanche package : 200,-
- · Ski package : 200,-
- · Lavvo : 300,-
- · Canoe : 300,-
- · GPS : 100,-
- · All other equipment : 50,-
Standard rental period is one week, maximum rental period is two weeks. Rental above a week has to be agreed in advance by the head of equipment in TSI Fjellgruppa by e-mail, no later than a day before returns. If the equipment is to be rented for a longer period, there must be a board decision on this.
Equipment needed on organized trips by fjellgruppa is always prioritized. It is not possible to reserve gear.
Board of members of TSI sub-groups can rent equipment for free for organized TSI events.
Everyone must fill out a rental form before renting equipment.
Contact information is particularly important.
The rental form applies as a rental contract between the renter and TSI Fjellgruppa.
The responsibility for the equipment lies with the person who sign the rental form (also if the equipment is passed on to another).
If equipment is to be given to another than the original renter without the equipment being returned to the warehouse, this must be agreed in advance with the head of equipment.
If the equipment is already reserved, equipment must be delivered without it being passed on. Equipment has to be returned to fjellgruppa if our organized trips needs rented equipment.